Making Chocolate Leaves

This is the first time I have tried making chocolate leaves, it was actually very simple. First you pick some leaves that you want to duplicate. I had a nice maple tree out front that I just picked leaves from. I washed and dried them completely. You don't want any water getting around your chocolate, it will seize it up and that is not good.



Next I melted chocolate. I used chocolate almond bark because that is what I had on hand. I have noticed with almond bark it takes longer to dry. Once melted, I used a paint brush to "paint" the chocolate onto the leaves.



I set the leaves on a baking sheet covered with parchment and placed them in the freezer just for a few minutes to get the chocolate to dry nice and hard.




After the chocolate has frozen, carefully peel the leaf from the chocolate. It is very fragile, so be careful. For a finishing touch I dusted the chocolate leaves with gold luster dust.





No comments: